Thursday, February 9, 2017

Trip to Bowers Museum

My first throw to the Bowers Museum on Wednesday January 14, 2015 has been an inspiring and illuminating visit. The sculptures on the anterior of the museum in the Sculpture Garden were exquisite, including the weewee fountains aligned in a row making it a serene environment. The front third house lady was very informative and showed me a map of where everything is located, as well as the bail guard there who verbalise if I needed anything to allow him know. Although I was having a trying time walk of sprightliness by means of the museum, because I am in a medical walking boot from a bewildered foot. I pleasantly was shake by every speckle of artistic production and artifacts I saw. I enjoyed gazing at the incredible Mandala artwork in the Leo Friedman installation Galleria, each one was with precision. I visited the portray shop which is at a time across from the Tangata Restaurant; the gift shop offered a strain of wonderful products. They nonplus everything from antediluvian history to present day. I was a little discomfited because they had a few places that were unlikeable off due to care and I couldnt view much(prenominal) in the museum. I comprehend much great publicise about Bowers Museum, and since I throw never been here before I thought I would give it a try. I was surprised how weeny the museum was, any(prenominal) exhibit rooms were thin compared to other exhibits. For instance, the California Legacies: Missions and Ranchos, get-go Californians and Pre-Columbian Ceramics rooms were small with beautiful findings but not many. I think if they didnt close off a few places in the museum, I would have enjoyed more of what they have to offer.\nThe first room I saw when I walked in the museum is called the Spirits and Headhunters: Art of the peaceful Islands, in this room were masterworks from ethnic regions of Micronesia, Melanesia, and Polynesia. Mostly focused on New Guinea, land of the headhunter and the artistic trad itions into daily and rite life. There were larger than life masks, fi...

No comments:

Post a Comment