Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Reflective Account of My Day at Work Essay

Yesterday I started my day at ferment at 730 am as I was lousy for an early shift as a duty manager for that day. I am following three weeks rolling rota with my colleagues from Senior Management aggroup (SMT). First of my responsibilities determined by Health and Safety at report act as well as our own Signing in Book Policy was to sign in the subscribe in throw. This depart go out that it is known that I am in the building. All the stave coming on duty is required to sign in that book so organisation can keep the track of who is on put for example in case of fire Should the fire alarms go wrap up it is the province of the Team Coordinator to bring the Signing In Book to the fiction point for checking (Signing in Book Policy) aft(prenominal) that I went to the team pip where I joined handover from night staff to morning team. The Purpose of handover is to take in the continuity and quality of care through good communication states our round Handovers Policy and it is also one of the legal requirements (NMS 17.6).Last night was secrecy and every(prenominal) green lot had a good night sleep. subsequently making sure that our staff levels are appropriate for the number of Young tribe (NMS 17.1, The Childrens Home Regulations Act 2001 and Staffing Policy This policy has been created to ensure that each chela is supported and taught appropriately and kept safe whilst accommodated in spite of appearance Our Place.) I carried out my daily checks. This includes of making sure that teams execute out health and safety checks as well as hold checks. This provides prove that our confederacy ensures clean and safe environment for Young People in our service NMS 10. I didnt find any piteous falls in the check books so I signed them finish and the next piece of documentation I checked was MAR sheets (Medication court Record sheets).The Childrens Home Regulations Act 2001 partition 21 gives a very clear guidance for training, administration and record keeping of medication. one time again I didnt find any faults or discrepancies. After I completed my daily checks I went to my desk in main bureau to catch up with my emails. After checking and replying to all my emails I started working on staffs rota for currant month. Once again, as mentioned above (NMS 17.1, The Childrens Home Regulations Act 2001 and Staffing Policy This policy has been created to ensure that each child is supported and taught appropriately and kept safe whilstaccommodated within Our Place.), it is my responsibility in organisation that home is staffed correctly and all the Young People are getting support required to meet their individual needs. It marrow booking our own staff for overtime shifts or using outside agency if there are any gaps in our rota. Later on for rest of the rest of my day I was interviewing candidates for Support Worker role.Our company has got very thorough Recruitment & Selection Policy that gives a very clear guidance on th e enlisting and selection process, starting with the section on assessing the need for recruitment and going thru all the steps of recruitment process in very detail (setting up recruitment file, advertising, move out application packs, shortlisting candidates for interviews, interviewing, appointing candidates and eventually gaining the reference and DBS checks as part of safer recruitment and safeguarding Young People).Our Recruitment & Selection Policy is based on all relevant legislation (Childrens Act 1989, The Childrens Home Regulations Act 2001, National Minimum Standards, Keeping Children Safe in Education April 2014). In between the interviews I carried on with my electronic correspondence with Local Authorities, Parents or other external professionals and I also had my lunch break. In the afternoon I handed over everything to my colleague (Staff Handovers Policy, NMS 17.6) and I went home signing out in signing in book.

No comments:

Post a Comment